Phone: 515 294-3961; email@example.com
Supervisor: Angie Brown, 102 Parks Library, 515 294-0448, firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Lower level of Parks Library (Room 2).
Collections: Maps, Media, and Microforms
Services and equipment available in the Media Center
- Check out and return DVDs and videos, CD-ROMs, compact discs, audiotapes, microfiche, and maps and related book items
- Renew library materials
- Audio/visual equipment for in-house use of material
- Equipment for viewing and scanning (digitizing) microforms, slides, and negatives (free service)
- Portable microfiche reader available for checkout
While some Media Center materials may be checked out, others must be used in the Media Center. For more detailed information regarding Media Center loan periods, overdue fines, lost item charges, etc., see Loan periods, Fines, or the complete ISU Library Lending Policy.
Collections in this center
The Map Collection contains all types of maps, atlases, charts and globes:
- United States Geological Survey topographic maps
- US road maps
- US and foreign city maps
- National and state atlases
- National parks and forests maps
- General and thematic maps of most sections of the world
The Media Collection covers a wide range of subjects in a variety of formats:
- Movies and TV
- Educational films
- Closed Captioned videos
- Audio books
- Classical and contemporary music
Audio-visual materials can be located through Quick Search.
Equipment for in-house use includes 1/2" VHS video, DVD, audiocassette, audio compact disc, slides, and IBM multimedia applications. Complete list of audio-visual equipment.
The Microforms Collection includes materials in microfilm, microfiche, and micro-opaque card formats:
- Government documents
- Technical reports
Equipment for viewing is available for use in-house. A portable microfiche reader may be checked out at the Media Center desk for four weeks. It can be used with fiche that circulates for four weeks, and must be renewed in person.
Self-serve digital scanners, allowing users to scan images from microfilm or microfiche at resolutions of 200 to 800 dpi, are available. The scanning itself is free of charge. Users can email scanned images or copy them to their own flash drives or CDs. Also, there are scanners available for digitizing slides and negatives. Scanning is free for these formats and users can email scanned images or copy them to their own flash drives.
The equipment in the Media Center is for use in the Media Center only.
- Computer workstations with headphones
- Laser printer
- High-definition television
- Blu-ray player
- VHS/DVD combo players
- Slide scanner
- Tape/CD player