Navigating the ins and outs of library research can be difficult. We can help! Whether in person or virtually, we can work closely with you to create resources or provide instruction sessions for your class.
We can provide hands-on instruction to help you and your students
- navigate subject specific databases
- find authoritative and reliable sources
- evaluate sources and use information ethically
- use citation management systems
You can come to us and take advantage of the computer labs here in the library, or we can come to you.
- class name
- preferred date
- concepts to cover
We will get back to you within a few days.
We collaborate on instruction about
- integrate digital tools and methods such as GIS, text analysis, and digital storytelling into classrooms through hands-on trainings
- designing class assignments and lesson plans that incorporate digital scholarship
Fill out our digital scholarship contact form to get started!
Special Collections and University Archives
We can help with instruction on
- finding and using archival and rare materials
- visiting Iowa State University Special Collections and University Archives
- creating a session specifically for your subject matter in collaboration with you
We hold these instruction sessions in Classroom 405 of the library.
Fill out our Special Collections and University Archives instruction request form with at least 3 weeks notice.
We can help with instruction and training on
- publishing and sharing data
- research data policies and ethics
- data and metadata standards
- file organization for individuals and teams
- data management best practices
We teach online and in person at the library, in labs, and in classrooms. Contact us with a request at email@example.com.