Borrowing privileges are available for the ISU campus community, alumni, and visitors. Most individuals use their ISUCard to checkout materials. If you don’t have an ISUCard, you may be able to purchase a Library Visitor Card.
We work with our FastTRAC member institutions to extend borrowing privileges to their library card holders.
Who can borrow from the library:
- Currently enrolled students
- Faculty and Staff including retired and emeriti faculty and staff
- Visiting Scholars
- Affiliates from USDA, ISU Research Park, and ISU Center
- Visitors, Alumni, and Spouses or Dependents who are residents of Iowa can purchase a Library Visitor card to borrow materials
- People who have library cards with FastTRAC libraries
If you are not a member of any of these groups, you are welcome to use our print and electronic collections by visiting our library locations. The library is open to the public. Learn about our locations to help you plan your visit.