You are responsible for all materials checked out under your library account. Library notices are sent only as a courtesy.
Taking care of physical materials
Our physical library materials belong to the university and are for all our borrowers. How you use these materials can significantly affect their shelf life.
Help us make sure our materials last a long time by following these rules:
- Handle books with clean, dry hands.
- Mark your place with a slip of paper. Do not turn down the corners of pages to mark your place. The creases will be permanent and the corner will tear easily. Do not lay the book face down to mark your place, as this weakens the binding.
- Take notes on a separate sheet of paper. Do not underline or write in library materials.
Bring damaged materials to the Main Desk, so we can repair them. Do not attempt any repair yourself.
ISU students, faculty, staff, visiting scholars
We use your ISU email address to send courtesy notices about:
- Due date reminders
- Shortened due dates for books recalled by other patrons
- Materials ready for pick-up
- Overdue items
You are responsible for checking your ISU email for notices. You can also review your library account at any time.
Please notify the Main Desk if your Net-ID changes.
All other borrowers
You are responsible for providing accurate contact information on your library account. We use your provided email to reach you. Please notify the Main Desk if your contact information changes.
You are responsible for checking your provided email for notices. You can also review your library account at any time.
Mailing library materials
You can choose to have ISU Library or interlibrary loan materials sent to your home.
- For ISU materials, we use the address you provided in the Address/Comments field of your request.
- For interlibrary loan materials, we use the address in your ILLiad account.
You are responsible for library items once they leave the library. Please check your address carefully. Misdelivered items, or delivered but not found items, are still your responsibility. You will be billed for any overdue, lost, or damaged items.