Check Out and Return
- The following items can be checked out at the Parks Library Circulation Desk:
- Books, bound journal volumes, and government documents from the General Collection
- Course reserve materials in a physical format (books, CDs, etc.)
- Items requested via Interlibrary Loan
- Items requested from the Library Storage Building, or via the Vet Med Express service
- Unbound journal issues from the Periodical Room (exceptional requests only)
- Reference items from Tier 2
- DVDs, CDs, and other audio/visual media
- Maps and related book items
- Loan periods vary, depending on the material type and the borrower's status. Some items in these collections are non-circulating.
- Items can be returned to the Main Desk in the slot on the west side of the desk. Items can also be returned to the outdoor book return, located on the south side of the building, west of the entrance doors.
Items you have checked out and due date
- Sign in to My Library Card, see what items you have checked out, their due dates, and any fines and holds you have.
- You can renew material (with some restrictions) and you can cancel requests. This is a secure site, and you will need to login using your ISU NetID and password, or your OpenAthens account depending on your affiliation with the university.
Delivery to Parks Library, Veterinary Medicine Library, and Design Reading Room
- Pick from Shelf is a service that will pull materials from Iowa State Libraries’ shelves and place them on hold for you at one of three University Library locations: Parks Library, Design Reading Room, Veterinary Medicine Library. Items are pulled Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.