Department Head: Vacant
Staff: 3 academic librarians (1 vacant), 1 P&S, 6 FTE merit
Physical Location: 204 Parks Library
Units: Metadata; Cataloging
Unit Head: Wesley Teal, Librarian I, 515 294-2284, firstname.lastname@example.org, Metadata Librarian
- Stacey Bonello, (.75) Library Assistant III, 515 294-0429, email@example.com
- Lenard Kluck, (.75) Library Assistant III, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kim Gawley, (.5) Library Associate I (P&S), 515 294-0427, email@example.com
Responsibilities: Creates metadata for digital objects and collections and assists in metadata management, automation, and application development.
Unit Head: Christopher Dieckman, Librarian I, 515 294-9632, firstname.lastname@example.org, Metadata & Cataloging Librarian (Serials/Media)
- Judy Gerdes, Library Assistant III, 515 294-0432, email@example.com
- Jeff Hall, Library Assistant IV, 515 294-0429, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jane Vogelzang, Library Assistant IV, 515 294-0429, email@example.com
- Stacey Bonello, (.25) Library Assistant III, 515 294-0429, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lenard Kluck, (.25) Library Assistant III, email@example.com
Responsibilities: Catalogs monographs originally or with OCLC copy. Catalogs and recatalogs serial titles, including added copies, added volumes, transfers, withdrawals, and retention changes. Catalogs media materials. Catalogs monographic analytics of serial issues, and monograph analyzed sets.
Reporting directly to department head
- Kathy Kent, Library Assistant III, 515 294-9883, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kim Gawley, (.5) Library Associate I, 515 294-0427, email@example.com
- plus the unit heads, Wesley Teal and Christopher Dieckman
Responsibilities: Catalogs monographs with OCLC copy. Creates in-process records for gifts. Performs monographs cataloging maintenance, including correction of errors and holdings changes resulting from additional copies, transfers between Library locations and withdrawals. Catalogs rare books and archival collections. Manages cataloging projects and resolves cataloging problems.
This department is part of the ISU Library's Collections & Technical Services Division.