Fee-based laser printing is available in all ISU Library facilities, via the campus-wide PaperCut system. Print jobs can be routed to either a networked laser printer or a networked photocopier. The general public may use a networked photocopier and pay with cash.
Printing to a networked laser printer
If you send your print job to a networked laser printer, the only payment option is to charge the costs to your university print subsidy (if applicable) or your University Bill. Charges are 5 cents per page for black & white, and 25 cents per page for color (when available). Currently, there are networked laser printers for black & white printing in the following locations:
- Parks Library, Lower Level: Media Center
- Parks Library, Lower Level: Computer Lab in Room 32
- Parks Library, Floor 1: Main lobby
- Parks Library, Floor 1: Room 199
- Parks Library, Floor 1: Learning Connections Center (north of the glass wall)
- Parks Library, Floor 2: PC cluster (north of the glass wall)
- Parks Library, Floor 3: PC cluster (north of the glass wall)
- Parks Library, Floor 4: Inside the Special Collections Reading Room
- Design Reading Room
- Veterinary Medical Library
The Parks Library's only networked color laser printer is in the Learning Connections Center (Floor 1, Parks Library).
Printing to a networked photocopier
If you wish to pay for laser printing with cash (coin or bill) or ISUCard (personal or departmental), you can send your print job to a networked photocopier. Charges are 20 cents per page for black & white (effective October 1, 2008). This option is currently available in the following locations:
- Parks Library: All public PCs (on all floors and tiers) are networked to a single black-and-white photocopier in the Learning Connections Center on Floor 1.
For detailed instructions, see the handout entitled Copying and Printing to the LCC Networked Photocopier using Cash, CyCash or PaperCut
Laptop users can use PaperCut Mobility Print to send jobs to networked printers in Parks Library or other Campus facilities. The Mobility Print Client is accessible through the PaperCut Mobility Print Server: https://papercut-mp.its.iastate.edu.
The queue names for networked library printers appear below:
Print Hold/Release Stations
ISU-BW : Printing to this queue requires you to go to Print Release Stations in the Library and release your print job to be printed.
There are four Print Release Stations in the Library:
- Floor 1
- Library-0101-bw-3a: Near the Main Entrance
- Library-0130-bw-2: Learning Connections Center
- Floor 2
- Library-0230-bw: PC Cluster
- Floor 3
- Library-0333-bw: PC Cluster
Lower Level, Parks Library printer queue names
- Library-0002-bw: Media Center
- Library-0032-bw: Lab 32
Floor 1, Parks Library printer queue names
- Library-0130-bw-1: Learning Connections Center (west)
- Library-0130-bw-2: Learning Connections Center (east)
- Library-0130-color: Learning Connections Center COLOR PRINTER
- Library-0130-mfp: Learning Connections Center Multi-function Printer
- Library-0134-bw-1: Classroom 134 (west)
- Library-0134-bw-2: Classroom 134 (east)
- Library-0199-bw: Room 199
Floor 2, Parks Library printer queue names
Floor 3, Parks Library printer queue names
Floor 4, Parks Library printer queue names
Branch Libraries printer queues
- Design-0111-bw-Library: Design Reading Room
- Vetmed-2280-bw-Library: Vet Med Library
See also information about Scanners (self-serve) in the Parks Library.