Library Accessibility Services & General Information
Summer 2021 note: Please be aware that renovation projects have been taking place in the library that may impede access to some areas. There is still direct and easy access to the main elevators (NW corner of Lobby) and spacious ADA-compliant restrooms (just north of the Main Desk and central stairs on every floor). Please consult staff at the Main Desk with any availability / location questions when you arrive.
Face coverings: Please be aware that cloth face coverings (masks) are no longer required in the library. Please do feel free to wear a mask if you like, for your own comfort. If your disability makes it difficult or impossible to wear a mask, please consult our accessibility services page for library services and resources that are available to you online, by delivery, or easy pick-up.
The Library's Accessibility Resources room that was located in Room 106 is temporarily unavailable during Summer 2021.
- Accessibility & Library materials - our Guide covering accessibility of our ebooks, streaming videos, HathiTrust Print Disability Access program, how to create accessible materials, and more!
- Streaming Videos & Accessibility - quick listing and descriptions of our major streaming video platforms with accessibility notes such as which platforms include closed captions, searchable transcripts, etc.
- Physical access to Parks Library building & collections
- Services & equipment available in the Library
- Accessibility services at the branch library locations
- Media Center - for our Books on tape and Closed Captioned DVDs & videos
ISU Accessibility Services
- Barriers to Access - do you know of an accessibility problem at ISU that needs attention? Please report that using ISU's Barriers to Access form!
- Student Accessibility Services Office
- Digital Access @ ISU
- Disability Accommodation: General Information
- Sign Language Interpreter Request Form - service for ISU employees
- Workplace Accommodations - for employees and applicants; from ISU HR
External Accessibility / Disability Resources
- ADA: The Americans with Disabilities Act - booklet, infographics, and information from The Harkin Institute
- Disability 101 - Learn about accessibility issues and needs through excellent modular training developed by the Big 10!
- Invisible Disabilities Association - Learn about invisible disabilities issues and needs!
- National Organization on Disability