We use optical character recognition to scan book chapters and articles we own.
Making scans areadable with text-to-speech programs and screen readers helps all our borrowers.
Request accessible digital books from HathiTrust
If you are blind or have a print disability, you can request a copy of any copyrighted book in the HathiTrust Digital Library. Copyrighted books are listed as "limited (search-only)". To qualify, your disability or impairment must be on file with the Student Accessibility Services or University HR.
How to make a request
- Log in to your interlibrary loan account and fill out a request form.
- Select “Yes” in the HathiTrust Accessible Text Request field.
- We will search for the requested item in HathiTrust Digital Library.
- If available as limited access, we will verify your eligibility.
- Upon verification, we’ll email you an accessible PDF.
Using HathiTrust materials
HathiTrust materials provided through this service are for personal use only. Do not share with others or copy more than needed for personal use.