Discover successful strategies on obtaining grants for your research and how we can help.
Grant proposal and project development
We have expertise to assist with research proposal and project development in limited areas.
- Data management and sharing plans. We have everything you need to get started and offer first draft reviews and consultations.
- Research collaborations. Our staff are experts in their fields and can offer support for literature reviews, digital project development, preservation, and more. Availability varies so it is best to contact us early. Example collaborations:
- Literature and systematic review strategies and consultations.
- Digital scholarship projects such as avIAn: Avian Archives of Iowa Online.
- Training and protocol development for data management and data sharing.
Find funding at ISU
External and internal award opportunities can be hard to track down. Here are our top recommendations:
- Miller Mini-Grants fund Open Educational Resource (OER) development and adoption.
- ISU's Grants Hub has many resources available for locating funding opportunities and has a Finding Funding appointment service to help you get started.
- An up-to-date list of strategic plan and other award opportunities is available through the Office of the Vice President of Research.
For help writing and developing proposals on topics not covered by the library please reach out to Grants Hub.
Funding to publish open access
We have agreements with a large number of publishers that completely cover or reduce the cost of open access publishing of articles, books, and book chapters.
- View our Open Access Agreements to see a funding eligibility details and a complete list of participating publishers.
- Additional funding for open access journal article publishing is available from the Office of the Vice President of Research.