Services for Students
Students at Iowa State University have access to a lot of resources through the University Library: not just books, but also spaces, technology, and research support! Below, we have provided a list of resources for you available through the University Library:
Distance Learning students, please visit this guide for more information: Distance Learning Library Support
Requesting & Borrowing Materials
Under the Borrowing menu on the library website, you can find information about fines, loan periods (how long you can check out a book), how to renew a book, how to request a book that is checked out, and more! Popular links are pulled out below:
- What can you get help with at the Main desk?: Need help with your account, renewing your checkouts, or something else library-related? Try contacting the main desk!
- Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery (ILL/DD): Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery can help you get access to articles and books that are not available in Parks Library, or which you need to have delivered.
- Recommend a book for purchase: Want the library to purchase a book we don’t already have? Recommend it for purchase!
Under the Spaces & Computers menu, you can find information about technology available through the library. Some of our most popular links are pulled out below:
- Rent laptops and more from Tech Lending: Need a laptop, webcam, or other piece of technology for a class assignment? Check what’s available at Tech Lending now!
- Need accessibility services or technology? Find information about computers with screen reading software, lower-distraction furniture, and more on our Accessibility Services and Equipment webpage.
- Printing, copying and scanning in the library: Learn more about how to connect to the library’s printers and where to find scanners or copiers for your work here.
Spaces & Study Rooms
Our Spaces & Computers menu also has information about study rooms, quiet areas, and our other libraries at ISU: the Design Reading Room and the Veterinary Medicine Library. Popular links are pulled out below:
- Reserve a group study room: See room availability and reserve study rooms in the library!
- Research study rooms (graduate students only): Graduate students can reserve these special study rooms for long-term research and study needs. Visit our webpage for more information about how you can apply for a research study room!
- Quiet areas in the library: Looking for a place to study in peace, or just get a peaceful moment away from the crowd? Quiet Areas are documented on this webpage, along with some tips on where to go for a quieter study experience.
Other Popular Library Links
- Jobs in the Library
- Bookends Café
- Movies and TV (browse our DVD collection)