Alumni & Visitors
The buildings of Iowa State University Library are open to the public, and all collections (print and electronic) may be used freely on-site by anyone.
We encourage all researchers to use the following resources:
- The Library’s “Ask Us” page
- Special Collections and University Archives
- Alumni Research Resources Guide
- Visitors Research Resources Guide
- Free Scientific Research Resources on the Web Guide
- Visit the Library: Maps, directions, and parking
All alumni and Iowa residents (18 years or older) may check out resources from the library by applying for a library visitor’s borrowing card. There is a one-time charge of $5 for Alumni Association members or a $20 annual fee for others. (Does not include remote online privileges.) Interested individuals should stop by the library’s main circulation desk to show their membership card and fill out an application.