Anyone can use our scanners for free to save digital copies to a flash drive or sent to an email for printing elsewhere.
You can scan in color, grayscale, or black and white. Output formats include JPEG, PDF, and TIFF. The scanning area will accept items up to 17" by 24".
Locating our scanners
We have 5 self-serve scanners in Parks Library.
- 3 scanners are in the Learning Connections Center (LCC) near office 130A
- 1 scanner is on Floor 2 in the hallway to the rotunda, south of Tier 4
- 1 scanner is on Floor 3 near the computer workstation
You can also scan using FindMe printers. We have 8 FindMe printers in Parks.
- 4 FindMe printers are in the Main entry (3 black and white; 1 color)
- 1 FindMe printer is in the Learning Connections Center (LCC) near office 130A
- 1 FindMe printer is in the Catalyst, room 199
- 1 FindMe printer is on Floor 2 in the hallway to the rotunda, south of Tier 4
- 1 FindMe printer is on Floor 3 near the computer workstation
To scan a document, you will need to log into the FindMe printers and select Scan or Access Device to see a menu option for Simple Scan.
The Veterinary Medical Library and the Design Reading Room also have one scanner each.
Report any problems with these scanners to the Main Desk or the appropriate branch facility service desk.
Scanning from microfilm
The Media Center on Parks Library's Lower Level is equipped with 2 digital scanners, allowing users to scan images from microfilm, microfiche, slides, or negatives.
The scanning itself is free of charge. Users can email scanned images or copy them to their own flash drives or CDs, also free of charge.
Students can also print to the printer by these digital scanners using print credits. Guests can request login information at the Main Desk to print a limited number of pages.
Other on-campus scanning options
The Center for Technology in Learning and Teaching (Room 0640, Lagomarcino Hall) has a scanner where you can email yourself scanned documents.