(Updated: 1/13 @ 9:15 a.m.) Power outage: Full power has been restored
Monday Jan. 13 Update
Full power has been restored in Parks Library.
Temps and air quality in the northern part of the building including the tiers will gradually return to normal.
Thursday, Jan. 9 Update
Parks Library endured a power outage during Finals Week. Many thanks to all the campus communicators, college deans, department chairs and building managers who helped get the word out to advise students of alternate study spaces during that time.
Staff in Facilities Planning and Management continue the necessary work to restore power to parts of the fourth floor. The area north of the glass wall is still without power, as well as the majority of Tier 7. The Preservation Department is open and conducting business as usual. If the area isn't open when classes resume, students, faculty and staff who need materials housed in the affected areas of Tier 7 may need to ask at the Main Desk to obtain those items for checkout.
Parks Library is experiencing a partial power outage on all floors. Facilities personnel are working diligently to resolve the issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
Developments on this matter are located below, however, we encourage you to follow @ISU_Library on Twitter and click the alert icon if you wish to receive real-time notifications.
Wednesday, Dec. 18 Updates
- 9:15 a.m.
- Power has been restored to the lower level, third floor, and all tiers. These areas are now open.
- 11:30 a.m.
- Bookends Cafe is now open.
Tuesday, Dec. 17 Updates
- 4:30 p.m.
- To ensure the safety of students and visitors, the tiers and north side of the library will close at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17. Library faculty and staff will round at 4:15 p.m. to help students relocate to well-lit areas of the building.
- From 2-7 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 18, access to the library will be limited to the new Collaboration Corridor on the first floor. All other spaces within the building will be closed.
- Although power may be limited, all library spaces will reopen at 7 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 18.
- Bookends Cafe will remain closed until power is restored.
Alternative Study Locations
During this time, we encourage students to take advantage of additional study spaces across campus. Please review a few options below.
- Marston Hall: Floors 1 and 2
- Ivy College of Business:
- 2118 - after 5 p.m.
- 2114 - after 2 p.m.
- 2113 - after 5 p.m.
- 0115 - after 5 p.m.
- 0122 (computer lab) - until midnight
- 0310 (computer classroom) - after 7 p.m.
- Commons - until midnight
- Droste Den- until midnight
- Harl Commons, Curtiss Hall: Open 7 a.m.-10 p.m. (exterior doors into Harl Commons and into Curtiss Hall, overall, are open to 10 p.m.)
- LeBaron Hall (outside the LeBaron Auditorium): Several tables and chairs available. Hours are 6 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Computer lab under 1210
- MacKay Hall: Open 6 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Computer Lab 108
- Second floor (w/charging stations)
- Food Sciences Building: Several study areas on the 2nd floor of the building; Hours: 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Curtiss Hall university classrooms: Curtiss Hall exterior doors open 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Room 108
- Room 127 (Dolezal Auditorium)
- Room 208
- Room 225
- Room 307
- Room 308
- Forker Building:
- 0287 Computer Lab; Hours: 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- 0102 Student Lounge; Hours: 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Palmer Building: Open lounge areas on ground (atrium), first and second floors; Hours: 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
- The CTLT (0640 Lagomarcino Hall): Hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday
- Lagomarcino Hall (north side): Open 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
- School of Education atrium (first floor, near rooms 1620 and 1660)
- Second-floor study area (next to room 2639)
- Basement level
- West hallway (near rooms 0420-0472)
- East hallway (near rooms 0750-0760)