Tech Lending Confidential: Top 5 things for checkout
The University Library is the campus resource for borrowing everything from books to study spaces to public computers. Did you know that Tech Lending, located in 101F Parks Library, has taken the concept of loaning things to a different level? Yes, computers, tablets and iPads are ready to check out, too. But aside from those, let’s take a look at five things students need to know are ready to borrow from Tech Lending.
- External optical drives are available to play videos and CDs from your personal collection or those available for checkout from the Media Center. If your laptop doesn’t have a CD/DVD drive built in, check one out from the Tech Lending.
- Raise your hand if you’ve ever forgotten your power adapter at home. Item two in our list ensures you always have a full charge on your device. Various types and styles of adapters are available for loan for laptops, tablets and phones.
- Making a presentation on the go? Tech Lending has a portable projector and screen system for checkout. Set up is quick and easy in five minutes or less. The screen is huge with a 75-inch diagonal measurement, and it weighs only a few pounds. A remote control is included.
- Planning a photo shoot for your next design presentation? A variety of cameras and accessories are ready for checkout from Tech Lending. Canon T5i, T6i and T7i cameras are available. Microphones, tripods and lenses offer flexibility as you capture professional images for your project.
- Look like a pro during your next seminar or class project with a presentation remote control. This wireless remote will streamline your slideshow and help you navigate your material with ease. Plug-and-play technology mean you insert the USB mini-receiver in your laptop USB port, and you’re ready to go (if necessary, we even have USB-C/USB adaptors). The built-in laser will help your audience see what you want to highlight.
Presentation, podcast, or project, Tech Lending has students covered with state-of-the-art equipment. Take some time to browse the Tech Lending site to see what is available for your specific purpose. Equipment is for use by current students with their ISU Net-ID. Equipment in the Tech Lending Program is funded by CASTLE and Student Government.