Special Collections & University Archives news: collections available to public
Feb 10, 2016 ·
This past year, Special Collections and University Archives has?worked to make?its collections available to the public.?These are a few highlights from the University Archives:
- Stanley Johnson Papers document Johnson's work as Director of ISU's Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD), including his work with Russia and the Ukraine following the dissolution of the Soviet Union.??
- Maurice D. Helser Papers document Helser's?years as Dean of Personnel and Dean of the Junior College and, to a lesser degree, his work in the Presbyterian Church, his involvement in animal science and student counseling, and other interests outside of the Iowa State community.
- Clair?George Maple Papers document Maple's work here at Iowa State, and include records related to what were called "IBM computer dances."? The mathematician and computer scientist served as the Director of Iowa State's Computation Center (1963-1985).
- Iowa State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Office of the Dean, Administrative Records document the administrative functions of the College of Veterinary Medicine, including the activities of each department and the planning and building of the Veterinary Medicine complex completed in 1976.
- Raymond T. Benson Scrapbook includes photographs, personal memorabilia, and newspaper clippings of his military and school activities from 1913 through 1919 and a fraternity event he attended in 1964. Raymond Templin Benson graduated from Iowa State College (University) with a B.S. (1919) in animal husbandry.
New collections from our Manuscript Collections:
- Center for Rural Affairs Records document the non-profit organization's work to improve the lives of rural Americans.?One of their early projects was looking into how a change in climate would affect farmers.
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers. Quad City Section Records contains administrative records, reports, photographs, committee correspondence, committee files related to education and publicity, and historical narratives regarding the section's founding.
- National Agri-Marketing Association Papers document the organization's administrative activities, professional development activities and events, and involvement in professional and student chapters.