Scholarly Communication librarians encourage ISU researchers to sign up for ORCID
Iowa State University Library supports ORCID, and our scholarly communication librarians encourage all Iowa State researchers to sign up for ORCID today.
What is ORCID?
ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and, through integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized. An example profile?is available.
How do you get an ORCID?
Visit the ORCID registration page for additional information.
What are the benefits?
- Your ORCID is unique to you! Have a common name? Have multiple names under which you?ve published? Use your ORCID profile to claim all of your names and all of your work.
- Multiple journal publishers are now using ORCID at the peer review process and article submission process. For journals publishers that use ORCID, readers will now?with one click?be directed to all of your research, regardless of publisher or journal.
- Connects with other current researcher ID schemes!
- Growing in many associations across multiple disciplines. Including, MLA, ACS, APA, ASCE, and many more.
- Visit ORCID for additional information.
Please direct questions to the?Scholarly Communication Librarians.