Accessing My Library Card
My Library Card provides you with the ability to manage your library account. My Library Card consists of the following tabs, which enable you to view your loans and perform library services:
- Overview – Displays a summary of each of the tabs.
- Loans – Displays your current and outstanding loans. You can renew items on this tab.
- Requests – Displays your current requests and allows you to cancel requests you no longer want.
- Fines & Fees – Displays your current and past fees and fines.
- Blocks & Messages – Displays all general messages and any blocks preventing you from accessing library services.
- Personal Details – This displays the contact information the ISU Library has for your account.
All users with an active ISU Net-ID or an ISU Library Visitor Card have access to My Library Card. See "Borrowing Privileges" for more information about who is eligible for a Library Visitor Card.
Users with an active ISU Net-ID will use that to log in, while users with a Library Visitor Card will use their ISU OpenAthens account to log in. Select the category that applies for you for login instructions:
Note: Click on (+) to see more information...
Figure 1 shows the initial login screen. Pick the option to log into Okta and use your Net-ID to sign into the library system. Your Net-ID is the portion of your ISU email address that appears before the @ symbol, as in:yourNet-ID@iastate.edu
If you have already signed into Okta during your browser session, you may not need to log in again.
If you are using a VPN connection to campus, turning it off will avoid problems connecting to ISU Library e-resources
Next you will see the screen shown in Figure 2. Enter your OpenAthens userid (email address) and password in the area highlighted by the red box.