Recall or Hold an Item
Is the item you need checked out (for at least 4 weeks) or otherwise unavailable (on order, at the bindery, etc.)? Use the Request feature in Quick Search or fill out a paper request form at the Main Desk.
To use the Request feature:
- Sign in to My Library Card to access your request privileges.
- Search Quick Search for the item you want.
- Click on the title of the item.
- Under the Locations/request item section, a Request option will be visible above the location information for this item (e.g. Parks General Collection or Design Reading Room).
- Click on "Request" and select your pick-up library from the drop-down menu, as well as any comments.
- Click Submit. The next screen will show your place in the queue for that item.
When the item you recalled has been returned, you will receive a "HOLD NOTIFICATION". Please bring this notice with you when you come to retrieve the item at the Parks Main Desk or branch library.