Unaffiliated User Terms and Conditions
Unaffiliated users are organizations without formal libraries, individuals without an active ISU Card or Library Visitor’s card, and document delivery organizations.
Unaffiliated users may request copies of the following ISU materials:
- Journal and newspaper articles
- Technical Reports
- Conference papers
- Book chapters
- Government documents
- Iowa State Theses and Dissertations (restrictions may apply)
Requests must fall under the Fair Use guidelines of U.S. copyright law and any licensing restrictions.
Books cannot be loaned to Unaffiliated patrons. If you are interested in obtaining a book owned by Iowa State University, request items through your local library or contact the Circulation department at 515-294-3961 and inquire about the Library Visitor Card.
- $15 base fee for all services provided.
- Copy requests that require scanning will charge an additional 10 cents per page over 20 pages
- If the requested copy is not available at Iowa State University Library, a copy can be requested from another library for an additional $10. ($15 base fee plus $10 surcharge = $25)
- Additional fees apply if the requested item can only be obtained internationally.
- Additional charges apply for shipping or faxing requested items.
- Patrons will be contacted for approval if additional charges are required.
- Services are billed monthly.
- Payment by credit card only - Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.
Failure to accept or abide by these terms and conditions will result in disavowal of the Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery account and any requests submitted under that account.