Department Head: Lorraine Pellack, firstname.lastname@example.org, 515 294-5569
Description: The mission of the Research Services Department of the Iowa State University Library is to link users with information resources and to develop the Library's collections to support current and future needs in research, instruction, and outreach. The Department, dedicated to the principles of intellectual freedom and public access to information, seeks to provide innovative approaches for acquiring, accessing, and maintaining information in an evolving global environment.
To accomplish this mission our goals are to:
- Select, acquire, and manage library resources to support the curricular, research, and service needs of the university
- Assist users in gaining access to needed information
- Instruct users in developing efficient strategies for locating information
- Provide reference services to users at departmental service points
- Utilize state-of-the-art information technology
- Engage in liaison activities with other departments and personnel within the library and the university
- Encourage and support professional development of departmental personnel
- Review the department's organization and services on a regular basis
The department is a part of the Research & Instruction Division.