ILL/DD for ISU card/University ID number holders
Logon to ILLiad to request delivery of books, journal articles, and many other items from ISU or libraries around the world
ISUCard and University ID number holders:
- Borrow books, journal articles, newspaper microfilm, A/V items (for research purposes only), dissertations, theses, and many other items from libraries around the world! Regretfully, we cannot order recreational material through ILL, so please get those through a different source.
- Free document delivery of up to 30 journal articles per calendar year scanned from ISU print collections, straight to your inbox!
- BorrowItNow – a free service that allows you to order books directly from 33 other libraries delivered directly to Parks Library.
Can I get textbooks through Interlibrary Loan?
- Yes, but we don’t recommend it. Books can be recalled from any library (including the ISU library) at any time, so there’s no guarantee you can keep a book for the whole semester.
- Textbooks on Course Reserve will not be requested.
How long does it take?
- Articles are generally delivered between 24 to 72 hours.
- Books or other physical items are generally delivered within 3 to 15 days, depending on the item’s location and the shipping method used by the lending library. Items shipped internationally or that are difficult to borrow may take more time.
How much does it cost?
- Most items are available for free, funded by the Iowa State University Library.
- If there is a charge, we’ll ask you first and you have the option to decline.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- ISU intramural purchase order
- ISU account (incurs additional $3 billing fee)
What if I want to have items shipped to me?
- If you live more than 25 miles from Ames, we will ship items to you for free (you pay the return shipping).
- If you live less than 25 miles from Ames, shipping will cost $5 (you pay the return shipping).
- ISU students obtain the ISUCard as part of their registration process.
- Faculty, professional and scientific (P&S) staff, and merit employees obtain this card through the administrative offices of their departments or colleges.
- Other individuals affiliated with ISU are also eligible to obtain this card.
- For additional information, contact the ISU Card Office at 515 294-2727.
Phone: 515 294-8073; email@example.com
Location: Room 204 Parks Library (just inside the east door)
Resource Sharing staff members are generally available for consultation from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Supervisor: Dawn Mick, Resource Sharing and Acquisitions Management, 515 294-0728 firstname.lastname@example.org