ISU Library User Survey FAQs
- Tell me about the upcoming ISU Library User Survey?
It is a locally designed survey conducted via the internet to determine the impact library services have on the campus community. An invitation with the survey URL is sent via email to randomly selected members of the ISU community.
- When will the survey be open to participants?
The survey will open on October 16. The survey will close on November 2.
- Why are there different surveys for faculty and Professional & Scientific staff, graduate and professional students, and undergraduate students?
These three user groups interact with library services and resources very differently. It is important that the library create questions that address the particular needs of each user group. At the same time, the surveys are similar enough in content that the library will obtain comparable data for most questions.
- How long does it take to complete the survey?
It will take about 15 minutes to complete the survey.
- What is the goal of the survey?
The survey's goal is to examine library services from the user's perspective. Our users include all members of the ISU community. This survey will assist ISU Library in making service improvements that benefit users.
- What are some improvements that have already been made as a result of earlier library assessments?
- Bookends Café
- More lighting and more computers throughout the building
- More library workshops for graduate and professional students
- User assisted redesign of the e-Library website
- Designated quiet space in the Periodical Room
- Dramatic increase of new electronic journals
- Currently, we are creating larger quiet study carrels because you identified this as a need!
- How many people will take the survey this year?
4,000 people from the ISU community have been randomly selected to participate, and their responses are critical to identifying user needs.
- Can I participate in the survey even if I did not receive an email invitation?
Yes!! Go to room 302 in the library and ask for Sarah Passonneau, Assistant to the Dean. She will provide you with a paper copy to complete.
Contact Sarah Passonneau, Assistant to the Dean/Assessment Librarian by phone at (515) 294-2117 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.