Knovel University Challenge
|This article expired 09-Oct-2013 -- it may contain outdated or superceded information
In this annual contest, students are asked STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) questions. They can use the library resource Knovel, an online technical reference resource focused on the engineering community, to answer questions and win prizes. The competition is both at an individual level and a university level.
How do students participate?
- Visit www.knoveluniversitychallenge.com
- Correctly answer the three quiz questions
- Complete registration form by providing name, age, email address, institution and year of graduation.
- Each student can complete and submit up to 12 quizzes.
What is Knovel?
Knovel is a web-based application integrating technical information with analytical and search tools. It is linked on the ISU Library website in the Article Indexes and Databases section.
When does this happen? The challenge runs from September 9 to December 1, 2013.
What are the prizes?
- Weekly: Roku® 3 Streaming Media Players
- Grand prize: Samsung® Chromebook
- Top University: Pizza party
For questions about using Knovel, contact:
Heather Lewin (150 Parks Library, firstname.lastname@example.org, 294-1004).