Use BorrowItNow to search and place requests for books and other returnable items in the 33 member libraries of the Greater Western Library Alliance (GWLA).
- Conduct a search in the BorrowItNow search box
- Review the items retrieved and select the most appropriate record
- Items owned by the Iowa State University Library will be noted. A link will connect you to the Library’s record so you can retrieve the material yourself.
- Look to see if there are libraries with the item listed as requestable
- If so, select the “Request” button
- This will move the request into the Library’s interlibrary loan software, ILLiad
- Log into the ILL software with your personal username and password. New users to the service will need to establish an account by filling out the appropriate form online.
- The bibliographic information will then populate a loan form within the ILLiad software under your personal account
- You will then need to select the order button in ILLiad
- You can monitor the status of the request within your personal account
- When the material arrives, you will receive an email message that the item is ready to pick up at the Library’s Circulation Desk
A couple of reminders about BorrowItNow:
It is not a service for requesting copies of journal articles or book chapters. It is designed for requesting materials that are borrowed and then returned to the lending library (i.e. returnables).
The service is to support academic research and classroom activities. It is not for requesting recreational materials, such as popular movies on DVD and music CD’s.