Check out & return an item
The following items can be checked out at the Parks Library Circulation Desk:
- Books, bound journal volumes, and government documents from the General Collection
- Books from the Leisure Collection (Fireplace Reading Room)
- Items requested via Interlibrary Loan
- Items requested from the Library Storage Building, or via the Vet Med Express service
- Unbound journal issues from the Periodical Room (exceptional requests only)
The following items can be checked out at the Media Center service desk:
- DVDs, CDs, and other audio/visual media
- Course reserve materials in a physical format (books, CDs, etc.)
- Maps and related book items
Loan periods vary, depending on the material type and the borrower's status. Some items in these collections are non-circulating.
When the Parks Library is OPEN, items can be returned to the Circulation Desk or to the service desk from which they were borrowed. Items returned to the Circulation Desk should be returned to the indoor "Book Return" slot, just west of the desk.
When the Parks Library is CLOSED, items can be returned to the outdoor bookdrop, located on the south façade of the building, west of the entrance doors.
Items you have checked out and due date
Sign in to My Account, see what items you have checked out, their due dates, and any fines and holds you have.
You can renew material (with some restrictions) and you can cancel requests. This is a secure site, and you will need your Borrower ID (last 11 digits on your ISUCard number, or your Library Visitor Card number) and your Library Password to access this information.