Physical access to buildings & collections
For assistance, please call the Stacks Management Unit at 515 294-0444. For more information and services, see the Disability Services section.
- Parking available on west side of building
- Access ramps are located at the front entrance to the Library
- Automatic, electronic eye activated entry/exit at the Library's main entrance
- Elevators labeled with Braille are located adjacent to the main lobby
- Elevator providing access to the tiers is located in the Reference area
- Restrooms accommodating wheelchairs are located on all floors except lower level
- Wheelchair available at Circulation Desk
- Free campus use phone at wheelchair height located on lower level near staircase
- Study desk at wheelchair height, third floor, near elevator
- e-Library workstations at wheelchair height, first floor near elevator and the Media Center
If you are unable to evacuate the library via the stairs or are with someone who is unable to use the stairs, go to the nearest enclosed stairwell. Tell anyone where you are and give them the stairwell and floor location on which you are located. If you were given information about a location of a physically disabled person, immediately report this information to library staff at the command center near the east door of Atanasoff. Library staff then will notify emergency personnel (DPS, Fire, and/or Medical) of the location and arrange for the patron’s departure from the building.