Learning Connections Center
Floor 1, Parks Library, north of the lobby, beyond the glass wall.
Research Help Desk Hours
Reserve an MPS workstation or the Presentation Room
LCC Coordinator: Rebecca Jackson, Tel: 515 294-9030; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Learning Connections Center (LCC) offers:
IT staff are available at the Tech Help Desk.
Group computing workspaces
- Four Multimedia Production Studios equipped with iMacs that can be used as MAC or PC computers, and hardware/software to enable audio/visual editing, graphics, and web development
- 24 collaborative workstations and study tables wired for laptop use as well as comfortable armchair seating.
- Study tables wired for laptop use.
Reserve the Presentation Room (Room 188C) to preview your projects and practice presentations. It is equipped with a large LCD panel, camera and DVD equipment. Schedule it on the Room Reservation system.
Classroom 134 (adjoining the LCC) is equipped with 48 PCs, two black and white laser printers, and is optimized for computer-based instruction and testing. When the room is not being used for library instruction, it serves as an open computer lab.
Scanners and Photocopiers
- Three free-standing scanning stations
- Two black and white laser printers
- One color printer
- Two photocopiers, one of which is networked to the free-standing scanners and all of the computers in the library
Multimedia computer workstations for disabled in Room 188A