Many carrels in the Parks Library are equipped with electrical outlets suitable for laptop computers. These include:
- Most carrels along the west wall on Lower Level, and on Floors 2, 3, and 4.
- Most carrels along the east wall on Tiers 1-7. In the tier carrels, the electrical outlet is built into the lamp that is under the carrel shelf.
Tables with built-in (or "pop-up") electrical outlets can also be found in numerous locations, including:
- Learning Connections Center (Floor 1)
- Bookends Reading Room (Floor 1)
- North end of the Periodical Room (Floor 2)
- Study space west of the Dean's Office (Floor 3)
Users are also welcome to plug laptops into selected wall outlets next to study tables elsewhere in the Library, but are prohibited from running electrical cords across aisles and walkways.