Book a Media Item for Classroom Use
Most videorecordings in the Library's collection (VHS, DVDs, etc.) are intended for individual (as opposed to group) use, in compliance with copyright law. The Library permits group use of videorecordings, either within or outside library facilities, only if the following requirements are met:
- Instructors may use videorecordings in any ISU course for which students are required to register and pay fees. Student groups, clubs, organizations, and societies do not qualify as ISU courses.
- An instructor or class member appointed by the instructor must use the videorecording for face-to-face teaching activities. Student led classes must be verified by the instructor.
- All persons present at the performance must be currently enrolled in the course.
Media items currently on Reserve may not be booked by other instructors for classroom use. Please contact Media Center staff for assistance.
Group playback of a copyrighted videorecording for non-course related use is not permitted, nor will the Library loan material for that purpose. Please see Audio-Visual policy for more information.
Use Quick Search to locate the desired item. Use the "Request item" feature to book non-reserve material online. Web requests must be made at least 3 days prior to the date needed. Once your request has been processed and approved, you will receive a confirmation via e-mail.
- Walk-in and phone requests are also available. Instructors may call or visit the Media Center (Room 2), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., to schedule a video for classroom use.
- You will be notified by email when a booked media item is ready and available for check-out. The email will specify both "pickup" and "return" dates.
- Booked items can be picked up any time during the Media Center's open hours. However, if you have questions about your booking or require any special assistance, please contact full-time Media Center staff Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at 294-9373. You must present a valid ISU Library card to retrieve and check-out a booked item.
- Videos have a 7 day loan period. (Exceptions must be approved by supervisory staff in the Media Center.)
- Regardless of when a booked item is checked out, it must be returned to the Media Center no later than the specified "Return date." Fines accrue on all overdue items. You may return items anytime during the Media Center's open hours, or to the Circulation Desk.
- Any items not returned (or returned damaged from causes other than normal playback) will be assessed the replacement cost plus any billing fees.
For additional information or to make reservations, please contact Media Center staff at 515 294-9373.