- Place only "required" (not suggested or optional) materials on reserve.
- A Reserve list has to be submitted each semester it is to be used. To re-activate (carry-over) a list used in a previous semester, choose "carry-over" on the submission form and enter the last semester and year the list was used.
- New or re-activated lists will be processed after Reserve and Media Services receives a submission form. Telephone and e-mail requests will not be accepted.
- Reserve processes lists in strict order of receipt. (over 300 lists per semester) To allow sufficient time for acquiring and processing materials, please submit the reserve list for each course at least five (5) weeks before the start of the semester. Please allow seven (7) days before assigning materials that have been submitted to Reserve once classes have begun.
- Personal copies of books, etc. are welcome, however, the Library can not guarantee these items against theft or damage. If new books or additional copies are needed, please submit the request eight (8) to ten (10) weeks before the start of the semester. If the requested book is available at the University Bookstore, please make note of this, as it will speed up the process significantly.
- If requested material is checked out by another Library patron, Reserve will place a recall on the material.
- Print a copy of your course list for future reference - only current semester lists are available online.
- Failure to provide information requested on the forms may result in a delay in processing materials.
- A "course pack" may only be legally allowed on reserve if it is available at the University Bookstore or Copyworks for the current semester.
- Instructors submitting electronic material in a MAC PC format must send reserve material via e-mail attachment.
For questions and assistance, contact us:
Reserve and Media Services
Parks Library, Room 140
Phone: (515) 294-4958
Fax: (515) 294-1812