ILL/DD for Library Visitor Card holders
Logon to ILLiad to request delivery of books, journal articles, and many other items from ISU or libraries around the world
ISU Library Visitor Card holders:
- Borrow books, journal articles, newspaper microfilm, A/V items (for research purposes only), dissertations, theses, and many other items from libraries around the world! Regretfully, we cannot order recreational material through ILL, so please get those through a different source.
- BorrowItNow – a free service that allows you to order books directly from 33 other libraries delivered directly to Parks Library.
- Copies of ISU-owned print journals, delivered to your inbox for $5 per document (see pricing details below).
How long does it take?
- Articles are generally delivered between 24 to 72 hours.
- Books or other physical items are generally delivered within 3 to 15 days, depending on the item’s location and the shipping method used by the lending library. Items shipped internationally or that are difficult to borrow may take more time.
How much does it cost?
- Copies of ISU-owned print journals: $5 per document for the first 20 pages, .10 per page for items over 20 pages.
- Books or copies borrowed from other libraries for free, underwritten by the Iowa State University Library.
What if I request something and I don’t know there’s a charge for it?
- If there is a charge, we’ll ask you first and you have the option to decline.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- ISU intramural purchase order
- ISU account (incurs additional $3 billing fee)
What if I want to have items shipped to me?
- Shipping will cost $5 to any location (you pay the return shipping).
Who qualifies as an ISU Library Visitor Card holder?
- Contact the ISU Circulation Desk for more information on Library Visitor card eligibility and application requirements.
Phone: 515 294-8073; firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Room 204 Parks Library (just inside the east door)
Resource Sharing staff members are generally available for consultation from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Supervisor: Dawn Mick, Resource Sharing and Acquisitions Management, 515 294-0728 email@example.com