ILL/DD for unaffiliated users
Logon to ILLiad to request delivery of books, journal articles, and many other items from ISU or libraries around the world
How do I sign up? I don’t have an ISU Net-ID.
- Go to the ILLiad logon page
- Select the No ISU Net-ID? Create an ILLiad ID here text.
- You will be notified if you are approved for access.
- If denied access, you will be given other options for ordering materials.
- Users not affiliated with Iowa State University will be billed for all services provided.
Unaffiliated users may:
- Request copies of the following ISU materials for $15 per document (see pricing details below):
- Journal and newspaper articles
- Technical reports
- Conference papers
- Book chapters
- Government documents
- Other types of materials
- Requests must fall under the Fair Use guidelines of U.S. copyright law and any licensing restrictions
- If the requested copy is not available at ISU, a copy can be requested from other libraries for an additional $10.
Can I borrow a book from the ISU library?
- No, that service is not available to unaffiliated users. Please contact your local public library to borrow books from other libraries.
How long does it take?
- Copies are generally delivered between 24 to 72 hours.
How much does it cost?
- Copies of ISU-owned materials: $15 per document for the first 20 pages, .10 per page for items over 20 pages copied or scanned.
- Rollover to ILL: $15 plus $10 surcharge = $25
- Rollover to ILL and obtained internationally: $25 plus $10 surcharge = $35
- Items requested to be shipped or faxed are billed additionally. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What forms of payment are accepted?
Phone: 515 294-8073; email@example.com
Location: Room 204 Parks Library (just inside the east door)
Resource Sharing staff members are generally available for consultation from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Supervisor: Dawn Mick, Resource Sharing and Acquisitions Management, 515 294-0728 firstname.lastname@example.org